Project Manager Job at Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair – 5.0 Remote
Description: I-CAR Profile:
The Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR) is a growing, not-for-profit organization, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, serving the automotive collision repair industry globally. The organization was established by representatives of the collision repair, automotive, and insurance industries in 1979 and has doubled its revenue over the last six years.
Today, the I-CAR brand is stronger than it has been in 40 years of operation and has gained a worldwide reputation. There is momentum and excitement among its committed workforce, instructors and volunteers to continue to help the organization grow and expand its breadth of reach and scale. I-CAR leadership believes that the future of the organization will be importantly influenced by its continuing innovation and relevance of its products, technical programs and services.
Job Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for managing a project portfolio focused on driving operational excellence. The Project Manager will apply project management methodologies to coordinate project planning from initiation through completion, on time and within budget, effectively delivering business results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent project management practices.
- Work effectively with key stakeholders to identify business needs that align to organizational strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans for multiple concurrent projects. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards in accordance with company policy.
- Identify and assign project tasks based on the skill sets, experience, and strengths of staff members
- Continually monitor project performance to ensure timely delivery. Track, manage and resolve project issues as they arise throughout the project life cycle.
- Implement and adhere to project management processes and methodologies.
- Generate and present regular status updates for senior management.
- Drive project-related change management
- Manage multiple stakeholders, aligning on common goals and communicating risks
- Review projects for accuracy, obtain necessary details and manage timelines and milestones
- Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Anticipate the needs, risks, and challenges of assigned projects, developing creative and practical solutions based on the evaluation of multiple factors
- Recommend improvements to established business processes
- Prioritize projects based on business objectives, resources, and deliverables
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
Requirements: Skills and Aptitudes:
- True mindset for growth, consider yourself to be coachable, and open to learning
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient process and analytical capabilities
- Able to break down information in a systematic and consumable manner
- Bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity
- Able to analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas
- Passion for deconstructing and defining workflows and processes
- Eager to learn and utilize Agile and Lean principles of continuous improvement
- Strive to meet aggressive goals, and know when to reset expectations
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
- Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and task management tools
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or appropriate field required. Demonstrated industry knowledge and applicable skillsets
- Minimum 3+ years of project management experience managing cross-functional projects
- PMP certification preferred
Highly competitive compensation package which includes Medical, Dental, and Life, 401k Match, performance bonus, generous paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
For more information about I-CAR, it’s important mission, and our collaborative culture please refer to: https://info.i-car.com/about-us/careers
I-CAR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under state or local law, where applicable. Those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair – 5.0
Company Location: Remote