Process Engineer Circular Solutions Job at INEOS Styrolution America LLC – Zwijndrecht
IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2021, sales were at 6 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For our office/site in Zwijndrecht we are looking for a
Process Engineer Circular Solutions (F/M)
The Process Engineer Circular Solutions role is to support the Global Technology Manager Circular Solutions, the business and different sites globally on projects on circularity of plastics (chemical or mechanical recycling). This includes exploring new technology options, participating in defining the outline of projects and ensuring the design packages for the projects that are technically sound and where technology risks are identified and mitigated.
INEOS Styrolution is exploring new ways to increase the circularity of plastics and we have projects to build recycling facilities, either in-house or via strategic partnerships. Focus is on mechanical and chemical recycling: to convert collected post-consumer polystyrene waste into new PS/ ABS products or into styrene monomer.
The jobholder in this role will actively be present during the operation and perform critical data analysis of this pilot plant on chemical recycling of PS. This will allow the jobholder to identify eventual improvements of this existing asset.
For future projects, both in mechanical and chemical recycling, the jobholder will assist in reviewing and advising on technology options and critical equipment suppliers. He/she will be actively present when performing tests with technology partners and equipment suppliers.
We work on key projects in both EMEA and NAM with industry partners and research and technology institutes and will start projects in APAC as well. Key activity of the Process Engineer Circular Solutions is to overlook the pilot plant runs with the technology provider on polystyrene depolymerisation and perform a critical data analysis of the results obtained. Key objective is proof of concept and proof the reliability of the design that is than basis for a scale up to a commercial unit. Different feedstocks and process conditions will be tested. Work with technology provider and maintenance team and if/ when necessary optimize the design to reach reliability target. After proof of concept further pilot plant work is planned to optimise process and yields (e.g. recycling of oligomers and possible catalysts).
In addition, the Process Engineer Circular Solutions will screen regularly for any new technology on styrenics recycling, new equipment suppliers active on circularity or advances in technology for plastic waste sorting and purification that is supportive for the shift to a circular economy.
Collaboration inside company, within INEOS and with selected partners is critical for the success of the projects. Team work is required with the technology and equipment providers and Global R&D. As the capital projects are organized in site/ regional teams, the job also requires working with site process and project teams.
1. Actively assist and overlook pilot plant tests on PS depolymerisation, analyse critically the data obtained. Key objective is proof of concept and proof the reliability of the design.
2. Contribute to projects on mechanical recycling.
3. Contribute in scouting of new equipment suppliers and new technology for plastic waste sorting and purification. Evaluate test runs together with partners.
4. Actively contribute in reviewing that design packages that design packages for projects are technically sound and technology risks are mitigated by cooperation with both Monomer and Polymer Technology group.
Experience in general:
- > 5 years of experience in petrochemical industry in technical roles on process or project.
- Having an experience and knowledge of depolymerisation technology is a plus.
- Experience with project execution (through our FEL CapEx process) and/or R&D projects
- Able to solve broadly defined complex problems while developing new solutions using expertise and acquired knowledge
Level of education and knowledge:
- Master or B.S. Degree in chemical engineering
- Advanced engineering knowledge and skills.
- > 5 years of experience in process engineering in chemical processes.
- Experience in polymer industry preferred.
- Knowledge of control systems, reaction kinetics, and reactor design.
- Process modelling in AspenPlus is desirable
Competencies, Behavioural skills:
- Results oriented and ability to plan and organize own work.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to solve operational problems by design changes. Identify key issues and relationships, while developing new solutions using expertise and acquired knowledge.
- Team player that can work collaboratively with INSTY colleagues towards mutual objectives.
- Able to work with technical experts in Technology and R&D teams on technical information with ability to translate in design features for project definition.
- Aligned with Site Safety/ Environmental Practices
About the Company
Company: INEOS Styrolution America LLC –
Company Location: Zwijndrecht