Diesel Technician/Mechanic II Jobs in Dayton – Ohio – USA at Penske
Title: Diesel Technician/Mechanic II
Location: Dayton – Ohio – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Maintenance/Cleaning, Automotive
Location: 2519 Nordic Rd
What’s the Job?
Ready to move your career forward? As a Technician II at Penske, you’ll do exactly that. Here, you’ll perform preventative maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
As a Technician II at Penske, you are a respected technician. You are trusted to work independently while doing major and minor repairs, performing road tests to diagnose problems and completing maintenance tasks. You set an example and informally mentor new technicians while continuing to grow your skills from learn from other experienced techs and your manager.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, your skills and experience are recognized. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Yes, we know you have technician experience under your belt, and we’ll leverage that. But we’ll also teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are continuing to get the training you need to advance in your career. You’ll be inspired and encouraged by the best in the industry. We take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are an experienced truck and trailer technician and are interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
• Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
• Doing preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment with little or no supervision and in a timely manner
• Repairing and troubleshooting components such as, engines, transmissions and differentials, turbochargers, fuel system components, etc.
• Keeping your work area clean and safe
• Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Learning new skills through Penske’s technician training
• Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
• Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
• Location and schedule flexibility
• 3 years of practical experience with truck and tractor-trailer maintenance
• High school diploma or equivalent (required); vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred)
• Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications (preferred)
• Experienced using tools of the trade (including diagnostic equipment, hand tools, and power tools)
• Valid CDL driver’s license or a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain CDL within 3 months (must also have or be willing to get an air brake certification)
• The abili…